Sunday 16 December 2001

Back in Dublin, time to tie up all the loose ends. Can't wait to tell the bank where to stick their stupid bank account that it took me so long to get. I have to return to the scene of the crime at Bad Bobs with an engineer to point out where it all happened, not looking forward to that so much!

Kerry was fantastic, although I will be happy not drive again for a while. 4 full days driving on my own was a bit much. I enjoyed the solitude though of just me and the mountains a lot of the time. It was really off season over there, hardly saw another tourists and most nights I was alone in the hostel. Curled up by the fire and read my book.

Managed to take in most of the Dingle Peninsula, Ring of Kerry, Beara Peninsula and Mizen Head. Miles and miles of spectacular coastline and beautiful mountains. A highlight was Healy's pass, on the Beara Peninsula. The road was built during the famine years - the sign said "to prevent starvation" although I can't understand why building a road could do this? The South side is barren rocky mountains and the North fertile land and lakes and in the distance the hills of the ring of Kerry. I was amazing (and very cold) being up the top on my own, just me, the mountain and the sheep! (and a giant white jesus on the cucifix!)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter
Free Web Site Counter