Monday 22 October 2001

Winter has kicked in finally here. It is starting to get quite cold, but still no 24x7 rain that I had been warned about. I get up in the morning at around 7:15 and it is almost pitch black. By the time I leave the house the sun has just started to peek it's head over the horizon. This morning the city was covered in thick fog, as I walked up Baggot St to work the sun was rising - a massive round ball burning through the fog - very impressive. I like my morning walk.

I am currently working as a document controller at Arup Consulting Engineers. It has to be the most boring job I have ever had. All I am doing is filing, and not just run-of-the-mill filing, but filing A1 drawings. It is a real pain. And when I am not filing, I am twiddling my fingers waiting for something to file (I do this quite a lot). Luckilly this is only a 2 week job and then I go on to my next boring assignment. I WANT A REAL JOB!

I went for a job interview a couple of weeks back that sounded great - I would have been perfectly suited. I didn't even get a second interview or a reason why. I think it is because I am not Irish, as the market is so bad companies have so much choice that they might as well hire a local candidate.

I have given up looking for IT work. I think I will go traveling after Xmas then head home before April when my ticket runs out. That will be almost a year abroad - a pretty good effort. Yesterday was the 6 month anniversery of leaving Australia - celebrated with a frozen pizza in front of the tele!

Not going out much lately, partly to save money and partly because I don't feel like it after my last clubbing experience. I did go out on Friday night with people from work. It was a "paid for" event combined with a site visit to a car park. A bunch of about 20 engineers - all male, except for me, another secretary and a graphic designer. You can imagine it got pretty roudy with free drinks and so much testosterone in the room.

As you can probably tell I am feeling quite low at the moment, things just aren't going my way. I certainly don't have the luck of the Irish! Send me lots of emails to cheer me up, and to give me something to do at work!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter
Free Web Site Counter