Thursday 8 December 2005

Tassie Road Trip

Taking advantage of cheap flights, Brent and I headed down to Tassie for a relaxing short holiday, taking in Hobart, Launceston and the West. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, everything is so laid back and relaxed yet well organised. I think I have added at least a couple of weeks to my life with all that fresh air! (although I may have compensated for it with all the food and drinking!)

Day 1
- Flew down to Hobart on the late flight
- Picked up our XTrail - the idea being that I would instantly fall in love with it and let Brent buy one!

Day 2
- Mt Wellington
- Port Arthur
- Eaglehawk Neck

Day 3
- Cadbury and Cascade factories...mmmm chocolate and beer :)
- Drive to Launceston (I was the designated!)
- Scenic tour of Brents old stompin ground
- Evening Walk in the Gorge and a Chinese dinner

Day 4
- Tamar Valley wine tasting and strawberry picking
- Drive to Sheffield (the town of murals?!)
- Tasmazia!
- Dinner down the pub.

Day 5
- Cradle mountain, walk round dove lake
- scenic drive to Strahan
- Beers in the sunshine and a seafood pizza

Day 6
- Cruise out to the Gates of Hell, past the fish farms, down the Gordon River, walk in the world heritage rainforest, tour of Sarah Island.
- Back home for a BBQ in the caravan park and crash out at 8:30!

Day 7
- Scenic drive through world heritage area, back to Hobart for our flight home.

Photos here.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12/17/2005 12:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I'm remembering correctly what I saw on TV recently - the town of Sheffield got their idea of murals from a small town on Vancouver Island called Chemainus.

 
At 12/18/2005 9:33 am, Blogger Alison said...

You do remember correctly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter
Free Web Site Counter